Psychological & Behavioral Consultants
Facts About Mental Health
- One out of five people - 2.2 million Ohioans - have a mental illness. Only 16 percent seek treatment.
- About 25 percent of older adults with general medical issues also suffer from depression.
- 240,000 Ohio children need mental health services. Only half get them.
- Half of the children diagnosed with severe emotional disturbances do not graduate from high school.
- Treatment improvement rates for major depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are higher than treatment improvement rates for heart disease.
Source: Mental Health Advocacy Coalition www.mentalhealthadvocacy.org
Mental Health Treatment and Services
Founded in 1989, Psychological & Behavioral Consultants (PBC) is a team of 15 psychiatrists and more than 70 psychologists, psychiatric nurses, clinical counselors and social workers serving children, adolescents, adults and families in eight Greater Cleveland locations. Our experienced specialists provide therapy and treatment for a wide range of mental health issues that include depression, anxiety, anger and stress management, bipolar disorder, and alcohol or drug abuse and addiction.
PBC has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality. The accreditation recognizes PBC's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission's state-of-the-art standards.
PBC clinicians follow a problem-solving approach to therapy and treatment, which includes comprehensive evaluation, collaborative development of goals, and psychiatric assessment and medication when appropriate.
Our services include:
Therapy and Treatment Modalities
- Psychiatric/Medication Management
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Mental Health Assessment
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Psychological Testing
- Workers' Compensation
- Occupational Therapy Assessment
- Nutritional Assessment
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Program Development
- Critical Stress Debriefing
- Hospital Contract Management
- Forensic Assessment, Consulting and Testing
Office hours include weekdays, evenings and Saturdays. PBC is a preferred mental health care provider for most managed care and insurance companies.
To schedule a confidential mental health assessment, please call 216.831.6611 or toll-free 866.363.6611.